Although the idea of going camping is to get away from being connected to the outside world and soak up as much nature as you can, there are times where you will need to have a way to still be connected to the outside world. Instead of relying solely on the battery life of your phone or laptop, and hoping you have enough for the weekend, you can ensure you have enough juice for the weekend by ensuring you have the Best Inverter Generator for Camping available within the marketplace.
Not only will the inverter generator help keep your electronics going while you out camping, but you can also then bring other appliances with you to make your camping trip just a little bit more comfortable. Although there is nothing wrong with starting a camp-fire and holding the skillet out to help cook some eggs or sausage or bacon, it’s easier if you can use a griddle that is plugged into your inverter generator. Or, rather than attempting to blow up an air mattress by just using your mouth, you can plug the inflator into the generator, and let it do the work for you.
Within this article, we’re going to review three different inverter generators which are great for camping. We’ll give you the best attributes of each generator, so you can decide what characteristics are most important to you. After we review each of the three generators, we’ll then have a table which shows you a comparison of the most important aspect of each generator, all in an effort to ensure you find the best inverter generator for your camping needs.
Yamaha EF2000iS Gas Powered Portable Inverter, CARB Compliant
This portable inverter generator from Yamaha comes with a USFS approved muffler, allowing this generator to run quieter than most on the market, as it comes in at 51.5 dBA when running at 25%. This generator also comes with a Throttle which is adjustable, allowing you to determine the engine speed you desire based upon how much load is on the generator, allowing you to save fuel. This generator has the capability of recharging batteries, which means not only is good for camping, but it can also be good for your Boat, Automobile, and RV.
- 2,000 Watt Starting Output, 1,600 Watt Running Output
- Can run up to 10.5 hours on 25% power level
- With the Smart Throttle feature, you can adjust the engine speed based upon needs to help conserve fuel when needed
- The inverter generator weighs 44 pounds and has a handle along the top for easy carrying
- You have the ability to hook two Yamaha generators together to increase power output
- Has an 8Amp/12Volt DC Outlet
- Comes with a Limited two-year warranty
Honda EU2000I 2,000 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator
Honda has this powerful, yet quiet portable inverter generator which is great for any camping needs. The starting system is a recoil system, so it will not start randomly on you. This compact inverter generator comes with a powerful GX100 Honda engine, which has a fuel tank capacity of .95 gallons. This capacity allows this generator to run for just over eight hours when operating at 25%. The generator will automatically turn off when the oil level is running low, ensuring you do not burn up the engine unknowingly.
- This generator weighs 47 pounds, making it very easy and convenient to carry around
- The sound level of this generator ranges from 53 to 59 decibels
- The starting wattage of this generator is 2,000 Watts
- The running wattage of this generator is 1,600 Watts
- The generator comes with a circuit protection, to ensure you do not overload the generator
- Comes with a 120Volt outlet, with two separate household outlets, for flexibility of what you have attached to the generator
- Powered by Gas
- Comes with a Limited two-year warranty
Champion Power Equipment 75531i 3,100 Watt RV Ready
This inverter generator from Champion comes with a 171cc Champion Engine, meaning it is durable and long-lasting. Has built-in wheels, so you can easily transport the generator to anywhere you need on the campground. The generator does weigh 80 pounds, so having the wheels and handle are vital towards the portability of this unit. This unit is powered by gas and is CARB compliant in all 50 of the United States.
- Has a Starting Watt output of 3,100 Watts
- Has a 2,800 Watt running capability
- Has a 120Volt/30Amp RV outlet
- Also, comes with two 120Volt/20Amp household outlets
- Runs at a sound level of 58 dBA
- Has a 1.6-gallon fuel tank, and can run for eight hours at a 25% capacity load
- Has an automatic shut-off when the oil level becomes low enough where it would damage the engine
- Has a two-year limited warranty
|Attribute||Yamaha EF2000iS||Honda EU2000I||Champion 75531i|
|Starting Wattage||2,000 Watts||2,000 Watts||3,000 Watts|
|Running Wattage||1,600 Watts||1,600 Watts||2,800 Watts|
|Weight of Generator||44 Pounds||47 Pounds||80 Pounds|
|Run Time at 25% Capacity Load||10.5 Hours||8 Hours||8 Hours|
When it comes to finding the right portable inverter generator for camping, these three options will give you a wide variety of options to choose from. No matter if you are on a budget, or need a generator which can power an RV, these generators will give you the desired performance you need. You only want to purchase an inverted generator once, so make sure you find the one that is right for you and your camping needs. Good luck, and hope you have fun on your next camping trip while using your new portable inverter generator!