Are you walking around in the market looking for the best 2000-watt inverter generator? If yes, then it means you are currently facing the very harsh reality that buying the right 2000-watt inverter generator can be really tricky. Inverter generators are usually the best power source in many conditions where you need alternative power sources because they are very easy to use, they are really small, and they produce a very reliable and stable source of power. Inverter generators are versatile, light, and they are noiseless machines.
If during your holiday alone or with our family, you are going camping, or you are in a situation where you need to use equipment that needs electric supply, and you have an inverter generator, then you have a very useful machine. If you are confused about which 2000 watt inverter generator to choose, this guide is written to help you choose.
The purpose of this article is to guide you on how to buy the best 2000 watt inverter generator that will satisfy your needs. The aim is simple: this article will give you adequate information needed to make a good decision of the best 2000 watt inverter generator that will suit all your specific needs.
This guide will majorly be juxtaposing all 2000watt inverter generators that have a popular, conventional model. This article will provide you with everything you need to know about 2000watt inverter generators, their functionality, and the best ways to choose the most suitable one for your needs.
- 1 What Can You run on a 2000Watt Generator?
- 2 Best 2000Watt Generator – Inverter & Generator Reviews
- 2.1 1. Honda EU2000I Companion – Best 2000 watt generator
- 2.2 2. Yamaha EF2000iSv2 – Best 2000 watt inverter generator
- 2.3 3. Champion 2000-Watt – Best 2000 watt generator for the money
- 2.4 4. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000 – Watt Portable Inverter Generator, CARB Compliant
- 2.5 5. Pulsar 2,000W Portable – Best 2000 watt portable generator
- 2.6 6. Westinghouse iGen2200 – Portable Inverter Generator
- 2.7 7. Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200 – Inverter Generator with Parallel Capability
- 2.8 8. Ford FG2200iS 2200W – Silent Series Inverter Generator
- 3 Will a 2000 watt generator run a air conditioner?
- 4 Where to buy Honda Generator?
- 5 Conclusion?
What Can You run on a 2000Watt Generator?
A 2000 watt inverter generator is able to power a 500 watt deep freezer. It can also power one element of the electro. You can also run the freezer with an inverter generator while you cook with 650watt microwave (using 1000 watts) and put on a few lights. The normal electric range with 8” elements will consume all 2000 watts if you use with the generator. Using a slow cooker is even better. Use a slow cooker (300 watts). An electric grill will consume 1700 watts of your generator’s power. How much power do I need?
Best 2000Watt Generator – Inverter & Generator Reviews
A dependable inverter generator is a very useful machine to have at home in times of emergencies. Whether you are camping or you always need to use simple equipment, this machine becomes an essential part of your everyday life. What are the best 2000 Watt inverter generators? How do you know them? Which brands and models are reputable? What type of inverter generator will offer you the most value for your cash?
Buying a 2000watt inverter generator will definitely offer you numerous benefits to look forward to if you pick the right product that meets your needs. In this post, we have a collection for you on our top choices when it comes to the best 2000 watts inverter generators available today. Our top choices may be worth every penny that you pay. You will find the key features, benefits, and the pros and cons that each product comes with.
|Honda EU2000I Companion||2000 Watts||1600 Watts||8.1 hours|
|Yamaha EF2000iSv2||2000 Watts||1600 Watts||10.5 hours|
|Champion 2000-Watt||2000 Watts||1700 Watts||9.5 hours|
|WEN 56200i||2000 Watts||1600 Watts||6 Hours|
|Pulsar 2,000W Portable||2000 Watts||1600 Watts||8 Hours|
|Westinghouse iGen2200||2000 Watts||1800 Watts||12 Hours|
|Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200||2200 Watts||1700 Watts||8 Hours|
|Ford FG2200iS 2200W||2200 Watts||2000 Watts||6 Hours|
1. Honda EU2000I Companion – Best 2000 watt generator
The Honda EU2000i is arguably the best portable inverter generator when it comes to frequent use. This inverter generator costs more than the others but, you will be satisfied and won’t regret spending much on it.
The reasons for these are; firstly, this generator is resistant to any damage caused by normal wear or aging due to its durable construction and spectacular design. It is also cheaper to maintain and even easier to maintain than others. The EU2000i comes with 3-year limited warranty and promises years of great and reliable performance.
The EU2000i is perfect to be used on TV/DVD, fridge, satellite, coffee pot and, much more. This generator operates at 2000-watts and 120 V. The EU2000i is also popularly known as one of the quietest inverter generators available.
The design of the EU2000i is super. This design makes it very easy to carry about. It is not up to 46 lbs; it features a fuel efficiency of around 8.1 hours on one gal of gas.
The Honda EU2000i features the stable power needed for tablets, smartphones, computers, etc. It comes with receptacles of 20A 125V Duplex.
Key Features of the Honda EU2000i
- 2000 watts, 120V
- It operates quietly
- It features a built-in 30A outlet to allow easy parallel capability with another EU2000i
- It has an inverter – stable power ideal for sensitive equipment and electronics
- This generator is perfect for the coffee pot, TV/DVD, fridge, satellite, etc.
- It is small and easy to carry
- It is very quiet
- It is quite affordable
- It can power most appliances like tablets, computers, smartphones, etc.
- It works smoothly and efficiently
- It is not very powerful
- It does not come with technical support
2. Yamaha EF2000iSv2 – Best 2000 watt inverter generator
This inverter generator is among the most compact (2.2 CU. FT) and fuel-efficient portable generators you can find. It weighs just 44.1 lbs. and gas an awesome run time of 10.5 hours at 25% load from its 1.1-gallon gas tank.
The 79cc OHV 4 stroke engine isn’t just among the most fuel efficient, but it is also fully certified with CARB and EPA, compliant in about 50 states. Its noise levels are 51.5 BA at low load and 61 dBA when it is running at high rev. This generator delivers 2000 watts power and 1600watss constant load.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 comes with one of the best inverters available. It gives you the purest sine wave and it comes with parallel connection abilities. It featured an easy to start function which automatically depresses the valves when you start it. Also, it comes with a fuel gauge, which is very uncommon with a portable.
- It features a1600 watt rated AC output, a 2000watt maximum AC output, and 13.3/16.7 amps @ 120V
- It has a noiseless muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor – 51.5 dBA at 1/4 load
- It comes with an inverter system that has Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control
- It is CARB Compliant
- It is portable, weighing only 44 pounds
- It is fuel efficient, having a fuel economy mode.
- The noise level of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is rated at 61
- decibels at full load, which is quiet compared to other portable generators.
- It doesn’t have enough power to run heavy-duty equipment.
- It is durable but really on the costly side.
- Champion 2000-Watt Stackable Portable Inverter Generator
3. Champion 2000-Watt – Best 2000 watt generator for the money
Just like all Champion Power Equipment generators, this one offers high quality and great value for your money. The innovative design of this small generator is one of the best things about it. You can safely stack more than one Champion 723536i generators on top of one another, which is very handy when you’re running several generators connected in parallels.
This 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator combines versatility with innovation. At just 48.5 pounds, it is an ideal machine for camping or tailgating.
The features and benefits of this portable generator are exactly what you would expect. With its 2000 watts peak power and 1700 running watts, this generator can power almost all devices and tools like the best 3000 watt generator would, and it can keep all necessities running during a power outage.
The Champion 75531i has a built-in 30 A outlet, which allows you to connect it to your RV without needing any adapters. The unit weighs 83 pounds, which can be a very good thing as the weight makes it very difficult to steal. And yes, it makes it less portable.
Key Features of the Champion
- It is economical. The engine dies when idle, saving fuel.
- It comes with an innovative Design for Stacking
- It comes with 12V DC Outlet
- It features overload Protection
- It comes with Engine Oil
- It has a US Forest Service Approved Spark Arrester
- It is very powerful
- It is Economical
- Good purchase protection
- It is a New brand
- This model is noisier than other models
4. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000 – Watt Portable Inverter Generator, CARB Compliant
The WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator is noiseless. It produces clean energy (1600 watts rated, 2000 watts surge) without any voltage fluctuations. The WEN 56200i does not generate all the noise like the normal generator does when operating. This is the best thing about it. In fact, it is one of the noiseless generators available.
This portable generator has a 4-stroke 79.7 cc engine that is very quiet and makes only 51 decibels of sound when it is operating at 25% load capacity. It also makes 55 decibels at 75% load capacity.
The WEN 56200i restricts total harmonic distortion to below 0.3 percent at zero load and below 1.2 percent at full load. This makes it very safe to run monitors, laptops, cellphones, tablets and other sensitive electronics.
It is ideal for outdoor use when camping or hunting. It is also EPA III and CARB compliant, which provides clean and environment-friendly energy.
- Very quiet operation
- EPA III and CARB Compliant
- Ideal for outdoor uses
- Generates clean power to safely run and prevent damaging delicate electronics
- Features 2 three-prong 120V receptacles, one 5V USB port, and a 12V DC receptacle
- It provides safe and clean energy without fluctuations that can cause any harm to your sensitive electronic devices
- Its operation is super-quiet.
- It is ideal for outdoor use such as at constructions sites, tailgating, camping, etc.
- It is a fuel-efficient generator.
- It is very light and portable, which makes it convenient to carry around.
- Some users reported that they found it difficult to pour oil into the generator
5. Pulsar 2,000W Portable – Best 2000 watt portable generator
The first attractive feature of this generator is its very sharp white color that instantly distinguishes it from other generators as looking good.
It makes a silent 63db of noise. You don’t have to worry about disturbing your neighbors while using it in the night. The Pulsar PG2000 is produces an incredible running time of over six hours at 50% capacity. It is great for even a party.
Another great thing about this model is its weight. It is lightweight and also very durable.
The generator’s multiple power outlets allow simultaneous connection of more than one device, and it also allows a parallel connection between two models if you need a power boost and you cannot afford a 10000 watt generator.
- Product features 2000 Peak Watts and 1600 Running Watts
- Can run up to 8 Hours at Half Load. It does this using 1.18 Gallons of Fuel
- Very lightweight at just 47 lbs.
- Operates quietly
- Safe to use on delicate devices such as smartphones, laptops, tablets.
- Its parallel capability lets you use two PG2000iS units for the highest power output
- It comes with one 5 V DC USB outlet, two AC 120V 13A Outlets as well as one 12V DC 8A Outlet.
- It comes with a 12V Charging Cable and a Spark Plug Wrench. You will also find in the packaging 350ml Oil Bottle, and a Funnel
- It has a Recoil Start and a Low Oil Shut-Off and also features an Automatic Voltage Regulator.
- It has a one-year Parts & Labor Limited Warranty
- It is very affordable.
- It is well equipped (comes with two 120V outlets, a 12V DC outlet, and one 5V USB outlet)
- It is parallel ready.
- It is lightweight, as it weighs just 47 lbs.
- It provides 3 hours runtime at 50% load (1.2 Gallons)
- It is very quiet at only 59 dBA at 10 feet.
- It comes with a 2 Year Warranty and replacement parts are readily available nationwide.
- Pulsar is not yet a reputable brand in the generator industry.
6. Westinghouse iGen2200 – Portable Inverter Generator
This portable inverter generator operates at 1800 rated watts and 2200 peak watts. It can outperform the Honda EU2000i, with its 200 extra peak watts and 1.6 extra peak amps. The iGen2200 will operate long term at 2000 watts; and because it has an extra 200 watts, it will produce 2200 peak watts for a limited time.
This model safely powers delicate electronic devices as it produces dependable and stable electricity. It is run by a four-stroke Westinghouse engine and is designed in a way that it can automatically adjust the speed of its engine to produce only the required power required to meet the needs of the load that is placed on it. Fuel efficiency is increased and operating noise and exhaust emissions are decreased.
The iGen2200 model has a U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrestor that guarantees that the unit is very safe to be used in parks and forests. This model is also backed by a three-year warranty and also backed by Westinghouse’s nationwide service and support network.
This model weighs 46 pounds, it is quiet and has a compact design with a built-in suitcase-style handle. It is very easy to transport and carry around. The iGen2200 is one of the best generators for travel trailer and it is a great option for tailgating, camping, simple projects around the house, and anytime you need efficiency and no disruption.
- It is very easy to use, featuring a convenient overload protected panel.
- The model is designed in a way that it automatically adjusts its speed to generate only the needed amount of power.
- It cannot run heavy duty power tools.
- It does not have wheels for transporting and easier storing.
7. Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200 – Inverter Generator with Parallel Capability
The P2200 is an inverter generator that delivers 2200 starting Watts and 1700 running Watts. This model operated for 8 hours at 25 percent load per gallon filling. The P2200 also operates at below 60 dBA loud and makes a clean sine-wave output.
This model features a parallel-operation capability and has different outlets – 1 DC, 2 AC, and 1 USB. This inverter generator is a good choice for people who can’t afford the Honda EU2000i and need more than the power WEN 56200i produces. It works like the best 3000 watt generator.
The Briggs & Stratton 20651 can run different small and large appliances and for a very long period of time. Users have reported that this cool little inverter generator can run 12 hours at about 25% load. This model is great for camping and tailgating.
- It has an inverter Generator with silent Power Technology
- It runs for 8-Hours at a load of 25%
- It comes with two 120V Household Outlets
- It contains a 12V-5A, DC Outlet and also a USB Adapter
- It features one Parallel Port
- It comes with a2 years Limited Warranty
- This model runs for 8 Hours at 25% Load
- It is very affordable.
- It can be carried around easily by two people due to the H handle Design.
- This generator is slightly heavier than many other generators
- It is a little louder than most of its competitors
8. Ford FG2200iS 2200W – Silent Series Inverter Generator
This 80cc, OHV engine is a very good portable power plant that delivers 3 horsepower. This is the exact size engine you would expect to find on a 2000W portable inverter generator. Although this Ford model generates more power than others in this class, it generated 2000W of running power and another 10% (200W) of peak power.
A peak power output of 2200W can power and run a small to the medium fridge. It can also start and run a room air conditioner. However, you won’t have too much power to spare for other things. Although, keeping some lights on and a computer or TV in addition to the AC, refrigerator, or microwave is possible.
One good thing about this machine is that there is always the option of connecting another Ford FG2200is in parallel, helping you double your wattage. If you have a running wattage of 4000W and a peak output of 4400W, you will have enough power for almost all your RV, household, or jobs site needs.
The Ford FG2200is is lightweight, weighing just below 50-pounds and it is designed in a way that you can lift it with one hand. It comes with a strong carrying handle.
This model is ideal for low noise levels. At 59dB, you won’t feel disturbed by the noise and you won’t be getting any complaints about your neighbors.
- It comes with the pure sine wave, which makes it safe to use with delicate electronic equipment
- It has a sleek design
- Its noise Level is 59 dB
- It has an 80cc OHV engine
- It runs for 6 hours at 1/2 load
- It comes with two(2)AC 120V outlets, a 12V DC, 8A outlet, and also one (1)5V DC USB outlet
- It has a 12V charging cable.
- It has a spark plug wrench, a 10w40 oil bottle (350ml), with a funnel
- It is lightweight
- It is noiseless
- It is great for delicate equipment such as smart phones, laptops, and tablets
- It has a beautiful design
- It is not powerful enough to run large equipment
Will a 2000 watt generator run a air conditioner?
You can run a 10,000 BTU window air conditioner on a 2000w portable inverter generator that has a higher starting wattage capacity during a summer blackout.
Typically, such unit has 2200 starting watts but needs just 1500 watts of continuous power. You can use the remaining capacity to charge your smartphones or laptop, or run a few lights once your AC is running.
A 2000 watt generator is not able to handle the load of a 15000 BTU RV air conditioner when it is starting up. However, it can carry the load once it is running.
Where to buy Honda Generator?
You can get Honda generators at reputable Online stores such as Amazon and eBay. You can also get this model at stores where generators and other machines are sold.
There are many portable inverter generators on the market. If you want to buy the best 2000 watt portable inverter generator, don’t just go for anyone, make sure you check which one meets your specific needs and always keep your budget in mind.