There are a lot of generators on the market in 2019, and you may find yourself wondering what the best 10000 watt generator is for your money. If you are looking for specific qualifications when it comes to purchasing your generator, such as the most portable generator, you will want the best you can purchase for the money you are planning to spend.
Many generators have their own unique features, whether they are unique to the brand or to the specific model. It can be quite helpful to do plenty of research before you pick up a specific model.
Whether you live somewhere with frequent power outages, a place where natural disasters occur regularly, or you just want to have a reliable source of backup power, a 10,000-watt generator can give you a lot of energy.
You can do a lot of different things with that energy – run an air conditioner, wash and dry clothes, or use it for smaller appliances to be sure you will be able to run a variety of things for a great amount of time. The choices are up to you, but one thing is for certain: 10,000-watt generators are real powerhouses, and they will help you get the job done, no matter what you need to power!
- 1 What Will a 10,000 Watt Generator Run?
- 2 How Much Will a 10,000 Watt Generator Run?
- 3 Top Rated 10,000 Watt Generators
- 3.1 1. HONDA EB10000 Industrial Generator – Best 10000w inverter generator
- 3.2 2. Pulsar’s PG10000B16 Dual Fuel – Best 10000 watt portable generator
- 3.3 3. Generac XG Series 10000E Portable Generator
- 3.4 4. DuroMax XP10000E – Gas Powered Portable Generator
- 3.5 5. Ford 11,050W FG11050PBE – Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- 3.6 6. A-iPower SUA12000E – Best 10000 watt gas generator
- 3.7 7. Gentron GG10020C – Cheap 10000 watt generator
- 3.8 8. Durostar DS10000E – Quiet 10000 watt generator
- 3.9 9. Champion 12,000 Watt – Portable Generator with Electric Start and Lift Hook
- 4 How Much Gas Does a 10,000 Watt Generator Use?
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Related Tips and Reviews
What Will a 10,000 Watt Generator Run?
The first thing you’re probably interested in is figuring out exactly what a
Let’s talk about the items that you can run using a
Granted, it is important to note that running all of these items at the same time is never a good idea, but a 10,000 watt generator does have the power to run one or two of these typically heavy draining appliances with no problem. This makes a 10,000 watt generator the perfect product for keeping on hand in case of a power outage or natural disaster!
How Much Will a 10,000 Watt Generator Run?
As stated above, a
For example, say you are planning to run a gas-powered clothes dryer. Generally, a
A washing machine requires between 1000 and 2000 running watts, and about 2000 starting watts – so you will have the ability to use the generator for other purposes while running both of these, combined. A
Top Rated 10,000 Watt Generators
The following are the best generators in the market
|MODEL||POWER SOURCE||MAX WATT||OUTLETS||FUEL TANK||DISPLACEMENT||ITEM WEIGHT|
|HONDA EB10000 Industrial Generator||Gas-powered||10,000||120/ 240v||8.1 gal||630cc||464 lbs|
|Pulsar PG10000B16||Gasoline||10,000||120/ 240/ 12v||6.6 gal||420cc||209 lbs|
|Generac XG Series 10000E||Gasoline-powered||10,000||120/ 240v||10 gal||530cc||300 lbs|
|DuroMax XP10000E||Gasoline-powered||10,000||120/ 240/ 12v||8.3 gal||420cc||249 lbs|
|Ford 11,050W FG11050PBE||Dual Fuel||11,050||120/ 240v||6.6 gal||457cc||196 lbs|
|A-iPower SUA12000E||Gas-powered||9,000||120/ 240v||7.0 gal||459cc||206 lbs|
|Gentron GG10020C||Gas Powered||10,000||120/ 240/ 12v||8 gal||420cc||241 lbs|
|Durostar DS10000E||Gas Powered||8,000||120/ 240/ 12v||8.3 gal||420cc||260 lbs|
|Champion 12,000 Watt||Gasoline||12,000||120/ 240v||5.9 gal||717cc||330 lbs|
1. HONDA EB10000 Industrial Generator – Best 10000w inverter generator
Honda is a popular brand that can’t be beaten, especially when you are looking for something that is sure to give you the power you need with the brand name that you know and trust. This Honda generator has been voted the best
This gas powered electric inverter generator weights 464 pounds, making it heavier than smaller generators, yet incredibly powerful. While not whisper quiet, it is quieter than some other models of generators that put out the same wattage, making it ideal for home or recreational use. It is roughly 92-115 dB in terms of sound – about the sound that a loud vacuum cleaner makes when it is running at full power.
The high-end brand name of this generator makes it something that you can be sure to have around for years to come, instead of needing to replace it every few years or so, making it a worthwhile investment. The electric start feature gives it an easy to use power on, and the heavy duty frame and construction of this generator make it a solid staple that will last for years.
- Best fuel efficiency in its class
- Great noise rating for its size
- Durable and built to last
- Electric start
- Heavier than other models in the same class
- Might be too loud for close residential areas
2. Pulsar’s PG10000B16 Dual Fuel – Best 10000 watt portable generator
Looking for something a little more portable? If that’s the case, then this Pulsar generator is definitely what you are looking for. This generator has a 6.6-gallon fuel tank and can run traditional gasoline or liquid petroleum gas (LPG). Built to last for up to twelve hours with a full tank and operating at half capacity, this Pulsar duel fuel generator is great to have at home or while on the go.
An electric start feature will get you running easily with no recoil or kickback, and the generator can switch easily between both types of fuel, even when it’s still running. With four AC outlets, you have plenty of places to plug in items. The generator has never flat wheels and has a weight of 209 pounds, so you can pack it up and take it with you.
- Easily portable and lightweight
- Both electric and traditional recoil starts
- Large 6.6 gallon tank
- Uses both traditional gasoline and LPG, easily switching between the two
- Not built as sturdy as more expensive models
- Has a lower wattage rating when using LPG
3. Generac XG Series 10000E Portable Generator
This Generac generator features 10,000 running watts and 12,000 starting watts, making it a generator that is ready to power almost anything you plug into it. Whether you plan on making this a permanent staple in your home or garage, or if you plan on traveling with it, this
This generator is durable and built to last, with a steel frame that can withstand bumps and plenty of use. The LED panel is completely illuminated, making it ideal for nighttime or use in the dark. Never-flat wheels and a folding handle make it easy to take this along with you.
The ten-gallon fuel tank gives this generator a leg up on other models, and it will last for about ten hours if you run it at half capacity. This is a great generator for a backup generator or one to take along in your RV, as it has RV hookups and several different power hookups, as well.
- 10,000 running watts/12,000 starting watts
- 10 gallon fuel tank
- Illuminated front LED panel
- Built to last
- Not as fuel efficient as other makes and models
- Not CARB compliant
- Vibration sensitive connectors come loose easily
4. DuroMax XP10000E – Gas Powered Portable Generator
The DuroMax generator is a great portable generator and has a lot of features that are perfect for those looking for a backup generator or a generator for travel. While this generator only has 8000 running watts, it does have 10,000 starting watts, which is a good thing to keep in mind.
The generator has an
The auto shut-off feature is handy, as the generator will automatically shut up when you have used up all the gas in the tank, giving you peace of mind that it will not continue to operate dry or damage the unit. This model is quieter than a lot of other models on the market as well, making it great for both homes and on the go.
- Quieter than many other models at 72Db
- EPA approved
- CARB approved
- Large 8.3 gallon tank
- 8000 running wants
- 10,000 starting watts
- Not sold in California
- Fuel system problems in the heat
5. Ford 11,050W FG11050PBE – Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Ford is another high-end name brand that you are most likely expecting a lot out of, and this generator definitely delivers. The dual fuel portable generator has a switch and
This amazing technology has the power to make your generator last even longer, giving you the ability to power more things for longer periods of time The electric start (with a recoil backup) is great if you are quickly looking to get your generator up and going. 11,050 startup watts and 9,000 running watts are the stats for using gasoline, and the stats for using LPG are 10,050 starting watts and 8,100 running watts.
The generator has a
- Trusted and reputable brand name
- Lightweight – only 196 pounds
- Easily portable
- Electric start (with recoil backup)
- Steel frame
- 6.6-gallon fuel tank
- Uses either gasoline or LPG with switch and go technology
- Does not have true 10,000 running watts power (9,000 gasoline/8,100 LPG)
- Fuel tank not as large as some other models
6. A-iPower SUA12000E – Best 10000 watt gas generator
This portable, electric start generator from A-iPower is a great generator for those who are looking for a great value for their money. The generator is a
The never flat wheels make this ideal for traveling and easily portable, and with a weight of just over 200 pounds, it is a breeze to take this anywhere you need it. This efficient generator is convenient and easy to use, and you can use it to charge items or run almost anything – it is even capable of running several power tools or appliances at once. Perfect for emergencies or recreational travel, this generator is sure to fit your needs. This inverter generator is one of the best inverter generators for RV use!
- Easily portable
- Nine hour runtime at half capacity
- Electric start feature
- Only 9,000 running watts
- Can be difficult to start compared to other models
7. Gentron GG10020C – Cheap 10000 watt generator
If you are interested in picking up a
The generator is portable with
The runtime of this generator also tops others in its class, as it can be run at half capacity for eleven hours – many others last only 8.5 up to ten – thanks to the
- Longer run time on half capacity: up to eleven hours
- Low noise rating
- 8 gallon fuel tank
- Electric start feature
- CARB compliant
- Not a high end brand
- A bit loud for close neighborhood use
8. Durostar DS10000E – Quiet 10000 watt generator
Living in a small neighborhood or in an area close to others can pose a problem when you are looking for a great generator for emergency use. You don’t want something that is too loud and disrupts others, and quiet generators can be difficult to find.
This generator from
This extra quiet generator is impressive for its size and abilities. The low oil shut off is a handy feature as well, as is the fact that it is easily portable, weighing at 260 pounds with wheels. The runtime of the generator at half capacity is ten hours thanks to the
- Quiet operation for size
- Easily portable
- Low oil auto shut-off
- 8 gallon fuel tank
- Only 8,000 running watts
- Heavier than some other models
9. Champion 12,000 Watt – Portable Generator with Electric Start and Lift Hook
If you are serious about purchasing a great portable generator, this
The nine-gallon fuel tank will give you ten hours of runtime when you have a half load, and the lift hook on the frame makes this generator perfect for traveling and taking along with you. While this generator is a little on the heavier side compared to some other models, it is definitely worth it if you are looking for the extra power!
- 12,000 running watts
- 15,000 starting watts
- Lift hook for portability
- 9 gallon fuel tank
- Capable of powering multiple appliances or larger appliances
- Trusted brand name
- Electric start feature
- Heavier than similar models, over 300 pounds
- Louder than similar models
- No recoil start as backup
How Much Gas Does a 10,000 Watt Generator Use?
When it comes to figuring out how much gas a
Inverter generators are far more fuel efficient than traditional generators. While traditional generators can go through up to eighteen or twenty gallons of gasoline in a
When you are looking to purchase a
If you live in a small neighborhood, you may want to search for a generator with the quietest noise level possible. Do you need an easily portable generator, such as those inverter generators for camping, or do you plan to keep the generator at home for emergencies? There are lots of different things to think about, and the above buying guide can be very helpful in determining which model is right for you.